Choosing your wedding photographer is serious business. These are once in a lifetime moments that can not be recreated. Whether you’re looking for traditional, documentary, film, dramatic or creative. It’s imperative that you research your photographer and their portfolio thoroughly.
If you feel your questions or concerns have no been answered, please feel free to contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices start at $4500. Please email email@example.com or use the contact form above for more information.
1.Do you have my date available? Please contact us regarding your date.
2.How far in advance do I need to book with you? We book up to one year in advance. But, you MUST have already secured your venue prior to booking.
3.How long have you been in business? After working as an assistant photography right out of high school in 2001, I decided in 2010 to being my own photography business. In 2013, I decided to dedicate my business solely to wedding photography.
4.How many weddings have you shot? During my first full year, since transitioning my style and business to fine art film wedding photography I have shot a total of 36 weddings as primary.
5.How would you describe your photography style (e.g. traditional, photojournalistic, creative)? I tend to do a mix of creative and photojournalistic.
6.How would you describe your working style? Consider me a ninja. My ultimate goal is to not be seen or heard. I prefer to blend into the background and shoot the day as it unfolds naturally in front of me. Since my main goal is to create fine art in the process, I can and will take charge to create more visually appealing photos by choreographing or staging particular shots. NOTE: These shots are usually of details or just the bride and groom. We do occasionally stage the kiss and cake cutting when necessary.
7. What do you think distinguishes your work from that of other photographers? I love to focus on the details. The look of the groom as the bride walks down the aisle, the tear in the father’s eye as he gives his daughter away. These are the moments that I look for and hope to capture. I am your story teller. I want to create a narrative unlike any other for you and your family to enjoy for generations to come.
8.Do you have a portfolio I can review? Are all of the images yours, and is the work recent? Absolutely. Feel free to set an appointment to view our sample albums.
9.What type of equipment do you use? We use professional grade camera equipment with all of our weddings. I currently use the Contax 645, Mamiya 645, Canon 1-V, Canon 5D MKIII and a host of professional lighting equipment.
10.Are you shooting in digital or film format or both? We currently offer both. But by Summer 2015, the digital aspect of our business will be fading away as we completely transition to film.
11.Do you shoot in color and black & white? We shoot all color. Some black and white conversions will be made at the request of the client.
12.Can you put together a slideshow of the engagement session (along with other photos the couple provides) and show it during the cocktail hour? What about an “instant” slideshow of the ceremony? Yes. The client is responsible for making sure the required outlets are at the venue, as well as securing a space to display the slideshow.
13.What information do you need from me before the wedding day? We will need a completed timeline from you 30 days prior to the wedding.
14.Are you willing to follow a shot list? We will take any and all shots into consideration. Please keep in mind, extravagant shot list will require more time. Depending on the size of the wedding party and the shot list you may need to allot a minimum of two hours to complete formals. For more information and to speak to me directly on this subject, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15.After the wedding, when can we expect to see the photos? Please allow 6-8 weeks for your gallery link to be emailed to you.
16.How much of a retainer is required to hold the date? When is the balance due? What forms of payment do you accept? We require a 50% retainer in order to secure your date. The remaining balance will be due 30 days prior to your wedding. We accept cash, check and credit card.
Photography Packages and Payment:
1.If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does that cover? I do not charge a travel fee for anything within a 150 miles of 29209. After that, it will .55 a mile. For weddings requiring overnight stay, you will be responsible for airfare (if required) and hotel accommodations.
2.What packages do you offer? We offer a half day and full day base package.
3.Can I customize a package based on my needs? All packages are completely custom.
4.Do you include engagement photos in your packages? Full wedding collections include your choice of either a bridal session or engagement session.
5.Do you offer a photo booth? At this time we do not offer a photo booth.
6.Do you provide retouching, color adjustment, or other corrective services? yes. All photos provided will be edited.
7.How long after the wedding will I get the proofs? Will they be viewable online? On a CD? A thumb drive? Photos will be available 6-8 after your wedding. Your photos will be uploaded to an online gallery where it will remain active for 10 years. You will also receive a thumb drive once your album arrives and we package everything up all nice and pretty!
8.Will you be posting about our wedding on your social media sites (blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)? Yes.
9.Will you be submitting our wedding photos to magazines or blogs? Depends. I do not submit every wedding to blogs or magazine. Solely at the photographer’s discretion.
10.What is the ordering process for photos and albums? When designing your album, the client will choose their photos. We will then create your album from there. The same goes for ordering prints. This process will be explained in further detail at the ordering/viewing session.
11.How long after I order my photos/album will I receive them? Please allow an additional 4 weeks for album and prints orders to arrive.
12.Will you give me the negatives and/or the digital images, and is there a fee for that? Will the digital images be high-resolution? You will receive only the edited files. under no circumstances do I hand over RAW or unedited files.
13.When will I receive a written contract? ABSOLUTELY!!!
14.What is your refund/cancellation policy? Wedding cancellations must be put in writing. Unfortunately, all monies are non refundable. I turn away all business and commissions once I book your date.
1. Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you (or my scheduled photographer) are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason? In the event I am unable to photograph your wedding, I have a network of professional photographers of like skill and style available to fill in.
2. Is it okay if other people take photos while you’re taking photos? Due to very limited time with the couple and wedding party, we ask that no one outside of the those in the wedding party be present during formals.
3. What time will you arrive at the site and for how long will you shoot? We arrive approximately 1 hour prior to the bride walking down the aisle. We will exit 30 minutes after the last event (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc…)
4. If my event lasts longer than expected, will you stay? Is there an additional charge? I will be more than happy to stay a little longer. The hourly charge is $500 and begins 15 minutes after my scheduled exit time. Please keep in mind, additional hours to be paid up front and in cash only.
5. How far in advance do I need to book you? I take a limited number of weddings each year, to maintain a healthy work, life balance. Please book us as soon as you secure your venue.